TREVISCOE METHODIST CHURCH
Sadly Treviscoe Methodist Church has had to take the decision to cease to meet and has closed its doors.
The last Service was held on Sunday 26th August at 11 a.m. led by Pastor John Keast.
Please contact the Circuit Administrator for any further information.
ABOUT TREVISCOE METHODIST CHURCH
Treviscoe Methodist Church was built 1911.
The village of Treviscoe lies in the heart of Cornwall’s China Clay Country, between the larger villages of St Dennis and St Stephen, but it has always refused to be overshadowed by its neighbours.
In 1908 the Methodists of Treviscoe met to discuss the possibility of building a chapel for their community. They chose Sampson Hill of Redruth as the architect, and in 1910 he produced the plans for the handsome church, which was built the following year. It is very different from the usual granite buildings of the area. Treviscoe Methodist Church has been a central feature of the village ever since.
In 1956 Treviscoe Male Voice Choir brought home the First Prize from the Llangollen International Eisteddfod after competing against choirs from many countries. It was as if a village soccer team had won the FA cup. It certainly put Treviscoe firmly on the world musical map forever.